Social Media Guide for Beginners
The beginner's guide to social media
What to share?
- Share you are attending ESID 2021. Tell your friends what you are most excited about the Symposium and invite them to join you online
- Promote your poster, encourage your colleagues to see you present, and ask you questions
- Share thoughts and insights from the sessions and discuss in real time
How to share?
We have a dedicated hashtag for ESID 2021 to make discovering and discussion even easier. Make sure to use #ESID2021 to engage the community.
You can freshen your social media profile by using the ESID branded cover photos, Facebook frames, and post templates. To download our social media toolkit, please click on the button below.
How to create a social media profile?
You want to join the discussion but you don’t have a social media profile yet? Wondering where to start or what to do?
Our detailed guide below will help you follow the conversation around #ESID2021 across all platforms.
What happens on ESID’s social media channels before, during and after the Symposium?
The ESID social media channels:
- Provide all ESID related information, announcements, and deadlines, keeping you in the loop of the latest developments on a daily basis – we make sure you don’t miss a thing about it!
- Are there for you always to answer any questions regarding ESID
- Create an international online community by means of gathering everybody interested in ESID related information!
- Gather people like YOU – we are thereby able to create and maintain this connection between yourself and your like-minded colleagues from all around the world – Join us – we need you and your work to improve patient’s health 😊 – especially DURING the ESID Symposium days – we create and maintain an all-day online conversation throughout all ESID social media channels.
- Provide latest updates and Symposium highlights, videos, and interviews with speakers PLUS interactions with other participants. A chance for broader discussions post-meeting.
For these and many other reasons, you NEED to be part of ESID’s social media world!
Be sure to connect with us on:
The #ESID2021 hashtag
Stay connected and make the most out of this online experience!
Make sure that you include our hashtag to your posts – then make sure you follow this hashtag in the social media’s search bars, so you get the latest developments and updates from ourselves and your colleagues attending #ESID2021 with you in real-time!
What is a hashtag, How to “hashtag” and why include them in your social media posts?
- A hashtag or this symbol “#” as it is more commonly known has become an integral part of social media.
- A hashtag is a label for content. It helps others who are interested in a certain topic, quickly find content on that same topic.
- Hashtags make it easier for you to discover posts around specific topics.
- They’re not just for Twitter anymore, either. Hashtags are effective on other social media platforms too. (Find more details on how to use hashtags for each platform below.)
How to use hashtags effectively:
- They always start with # but they won’t work if you use spaces, punctuation or symbols.
- Including hashtags in your posts means taking part in a conversation happening on that social media platform. And most importantly, it makes your posts visible in that conversation!
- For example, if you use #ESID2021 on your Twitter posts, everybody who follows that hashtag will see your recent post in their feed. You might gain some new followers this way as well – and thereby, connect with ESID-interested colleagues worldwide!
How to use and follow the ESID hashtags:
#ESID2021 – this is the official ESID 2021 Online Symposium hashtag. Use it for all your Symposium-related posts/tweets.
- Click here to see all posts using #ESID2021 on Twitter
- Click here to see all posts using #ESID2021 on Facebook
- Click here to see all posts using #ESID2021 on LinkedIn
#ESID2021 #immunology #immunodeficiencies #secondaryimmunodeficiencies #SID – for ALL general ESID updates
Some easy ways to share information about the Symposium with your network:
- Live tweet from sessions, meetings and the exhibition. Be sure to mention @ESIDsociety and use the hashtag #ESID2021.
- Share your highlights from sessions, using #ESID2021 hashtag.
- You can also share and repost live coverage coming from the Symposium on Facebook.
- Post photos and use the hashtag #ESID2021 on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. You can also like and share ESID posts with your audience.
- Watch and share ESID YouTube videos.
Suggested ways to connect to other participants:
- All of the above steps!
- Follow us and stay active before, during, and after the ESID 2021 Online Symposium on all social media.
The following examples of text are ready to be used on your social media channels.
- Feel free to edit these and write your own posts/tweets.
- The marked text notes are indicators of where you must add your information.
- I’ll be here in my living room for #ESID2021, 27-29 September. Are you joining? https://2021.esidmeeting.org/
- I am excited to be part of #ESID2021 – Join the community as we celebrate our collective commitment to improving the lives of patients with secondary immunodeficiencies by sharing best practices, knowledge, and forging international connections without boundaries! https://2021.esidmeeting.org/
- Looking forward to sharing my work with colleagues and experts in the field at this year’s exciting online #ESID2021. – Join me! – https://2021.esidmeeting.org/
- Thrilled to be a part of #ESID2021, happening online in just [NUMBER] days. Join us from the comfort of your home! #ESID2021 is bound to be a next-level exciting and enriching online experience! – https://2021.esidmeeting.org/
- I am attending #ESID2021 and have just listened to some interesting updates in the field! Have you joined us yet? – https://2021.esidmeeting.org/